Monday, January 16, 2006

Touching Base

Hey, all...

It's been a while since I last posted so I thought I should come on and touch base.

There hasn't been much of anything to raise the interest level in my life right now. I'm still working my two jobs (although I am now a full commission salesman at the one job) and doing my best to maintain a level and consistent income level. I'm still getting the hang of it, I guess, since I'm not hitting the same kinds of numbers some of the other guys at the Shop are. Still, I've set some decent expectations for myself and we'll see how I fare at the end of the week.

I've also recently dusted off one of my aborted screenplays. For some reason, listening to the audio commentary of James Mangold's underrated movie, Identity, has inspired me to take another crack at the ol' thing. Well, Identity was part of the inspiration but I can't seem to recall the others at the moment, so Mangold gets the props.

I've redone some of the character backgrounds and I'm trying to look at the story from a different perspective than I have been. I'm hoping something will reveal itself soon as I'm eager to make some progress on it. In the meantime, I continue reading my books, continue watching commentaries and continue brainstorming in my free time.

Maybe if I just started writing.

I should also mention that I absolutely adored Warren Ellis and Ben Templesmith's Fell #3. The best of the series so far and just an all around good read.

I also caught the original Dawn of the Dead for the first time. Kind of fun. I can understand why people liked the movie so much and continue to do so. A little silly at times, but that's what they intended for it, so...

Anyway, that's it for now. I'm off to sleep.

mike

No comments: