Thursday, April 27, 2006

Giffen Goodness

A few posts back I mentioned how I'd spoken to Gianluca at BOOM! Studios and how he'd agreed to send me a whole schwack of Giffen books to review for the Giffen Resource Page & The Daily Dispatch. Well, as of yesterday (or was it the day before?) the BOOM! care package has officially arrived and inside, pretty much Giffen's entire output from the company to date. Everything from Zombie Tales to Jeremiah Harm and Planetary Brigade. Heck, he even included the two What Were They Thinking? remix books.

I'm pretty excited to start working my way through most of this stuff. I've taken a cursory glance at all of it and I don't think I'll be disappointed.

In related news, I've also gone and bought some new Giffen stuff not published by BOOM!, like Nick Fury's Howling Commandos #1 and Drax the Destroyer #2. Oh yeah, and The Defenders #5. Since things got tight, I haven't been buying the books as they've come out and I managed to play a little catch up thanks to the generosity of the wife (thanks, Jen!).

Anyway, I'm going to go watch some original Trek (it's the first Romulan episode with Mark Lenard, later to be known as Spock's pappy, Sarek) and go to bed. Working early tomorrow at the Superstore.

Later!

mike

No comments: