Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Addicted to the AvocadoLite

I was reading some of Andi Watson's posts over at his LiveJournal the other day where he mentioned becoming addicted to this game called Farm Hustle. I decided to check it out (being a fan of Watson's work I figured what he found interesting I may find interesting) and found myself in much the same predicament. The mindlessly repetitive and simple matching tile game has completely subverted me.

As of this writing, I have achieved level four and continue to play because I find it strangely soothing. It's like, with everything else going screwy in my life around me, this bit of internet fun is something I can focus on and keep my bearings. A tether, I suppose. Or maybe it's just a time killer.

"Farm Hustle is the time-killer."

Sorry. I've been reading Dune related stuff and I couldn't help myself. I probably should have used that for the title.

Anyway, off to play some FH.

Later!

Update: Make that level 07. Woot!

mike

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Wait, you might never see this because it is so old, but I just tried to go to play the farm hustle and it looks like it was taken down. Noooooo!!! SO cute and addicting!

Mike Jozic said...

Janelle, Farm Hustle and AvocadoLite seem to be up an running. Must have been a server outage or updating or something. Not to worry, there will be much Farm Hustle playing to come. ;)