Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Not in the Mood or What I've Been Doing 'Til Now

Man, I have just not been in the mood to hang out on the internet, much less post anything on the ol' blog. I have been keeping busy, however, and not just lying idle like I have been known to do in the past. It's kind of ironic, really. I probably have more to talk and post about right now than I have in months, but the muse is currently on extended leave.

In the meantime, though, I have been recharging my batteries the only way I know how: rest, movies, music, reading and family. I've been putting in a lot of time with all of the above and have been making big plans for the next year with the wife, so don't be surprised if there's a big news on the move post in the near future. I did Free Comics Book Day with the kids and that was a big success. I rented Cromartie High Vol. 1 on DVD and so far my oldest and I are enjoying it. It's also got me in an anime kind of ood because I'm digging up all the stuff I have that I have yet to watch, like GITS: Standalone Complex, Planetes, Lain and I anticipate that I'll be dusting off the Champloo, the Wolf's Rain and possibly even the golden goose itself, Cowboy Bebop.

I've recently taken an interest in Lemony Snickets' Series of Unfortunate Events books after seeing the underrated film starring Jim Carey and some very talented young actors. I've also started in on The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe with my kids, which is kind of exciting. They're really enjoying the Narnia series so far and are looking forward to seeing the movie when we finish the book (too bad it's only on DVD and not in theatres, thoguh).

I've read Frank Miller's 300, which I mention here because I want to post about it later, as well as Meanwhile... favourite Stefan Petrucha's second Nancy Drew book, "Writ in Stone". I also finished Cromartie High School Vol.2 (the manga, that is) which tickled the ol' funny bone in ways I didn't expect it to.

There's a new Superman Returns trailer which I think everyone should see, so click on through and feel free to come back and share the love.

And lastly, this clip off of SpikedHumour.com made me laugh for its clever concept and fun ending. I should search around and find out what show this came off of originally. Nick Frost appears at the end and it's got my curiosity up.

Anyway, that's it for tonight. I'm going to finish disc 2 of GITS: SAC and go to bed. Got work tomorrow, y'know.

Later!

mike

No comments: