Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Wasssup!

Man, it's been a while since I've posted here. I wish I could say that I've been doing a bunch of cool and interesting stuff, but I've really just been hanigng around, going to work and spending some time with my family. My folks and the In-Laws were both gone for Easter, so we took full advantage of having the holiday to ourselves and spent some real quality time with the kids.

My eldest and I watched Attack of the Clones. She wanted to get it out of the way so we could get to the third movie. She really wants to know how Anakin becomes Darth Vader, and her memory of Episode II was kind of shaky so we did a refresher viewing. In doing so, I noticed some cool stuff that I'd never really noticed before. Like when Obi-Wan and Jango are having their verbal tennis match in his apartment on Kamino? Knowing what I do about Jango's background now, and knowing how things turn out with Code 66, the conversation takes on a whole new meaning for me.

I'm also working up an application to DC Comics. I noticed a job posting the other day and I figured I'd be kicking myself forecer if I didn't at least send in the best application I could. If I can get a call-back for an interview I'll consider it a triumph. I'll keep you posted on how things turn out with that.

Some of the stuff I've been watching for myself include the Back to the Future trilogy. I've really enhjoyed revisiting that story and those characetrs. Good memories. Anatomy of a Murder was a fabulous surprise. I'd heard some good things about this movie but I didn't expect it to be as good, or as ballsy, as it was. I'll probably write more about that later. I'm finally working my way through Frank Herbert's Dune, John Harrison's mini-series nased on the sci-fi classic. I'm enjoying it so far. A few niggling problems, but they change with my mood so it's probably more about me than the movie.

Lastly, I've also made a lot of headway with my Smitten story. I'm really excited by soe of the new directions the story is going and I'll leave a moe detailed discussion of that for later, as well.

Anyway, that's my state of the union. I'll try and not wait a week before posting again.

Later!

mike

No comments: