Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Confessions Confessional

The other night I watched George Clooney's Confessions of a Dangerous Mind with my brother and was blown away by how fun and brilliant this movie is. I'm actually not sure how I managed to avoid this flick for so long. I really like George Clooney, as an actor and a filmmaker, so it must have been just laziness. I haven't seen a movie with a script this sharp since Fight Club. I've never been a big follower of Charlie Kaufman - even though I really enjoyed Being John Malkovich - but after seeing this movie, I'll probably hunt down Adaptation and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Not entirely dissimilar to when I discovered Wes Anderson movies.

As I do with any movie that gives me the ol' wa-POW! to the brain, I'm lending it out to everyone who'll pay attention long enough to be handed the disc. I just handed it off to my parents so I'm looking forward to seeing what they thought of it, and before that I passed it along to a buddy at work. I also have yet to show it to my wife, so I'll probably get another viewing or two out of it in the near future.

Check it out if ya haven't and post comments if you do. I'm curious what y'all think.

mike

No comments: