Monday, February 27, 2006

The Future Ends Here (Shop, that is)

Among other things that have happened this week, I've quit my second job at the electronics store. It still feels kind of weird but I'm pretty sure it was for the best. I wasn't making much money there, nor was I getting the kind of hours that would make it worth my while to stick with it for the long-term.

I'll be looking for something new soon, possibly in another province. I'm hoping that I can make some upward movement career-wise and my wife is looking to take similar steps in her field. At the moment, she's working on some contract work she picked up through some of her professors, but that'll end soon and we need to start thinking more long-term than we have been.

I guess in a funny way, this week saw the end of one Future (Shop), and the beginning of another (ours). Cheesy to say, I know, but it's kind of the truth.

mike

No comments: