Thursday, February 23, 2006

Dancing on the Ceiling

I've just spent the last few days offline with my living room empty and my in-laws over to work on some ceiling repairs. A couple of years ago, we redid a lot of the electrical wiring in the house, updating it to something more modern than what we found when we moved in. One of the results of tearing around inside the upstairs floors was some damage to the ceiling downstairs. My father-in-law, forgetting his own advice, stepped off one of the crossbeams leaving a big crack across the ceiling downstairs which we have tried, on several occasions to fix. Never with any success.

So, we pretty much redid the whole shebang this week which has left my house terminally dusty and my living room emptied of anything fun or overly comfortable.

On the plus side, we're pretty much done the reno and my wife and I can now redo our living room setup and paint the walls like we've been meaning to do for some time now. And pointless as this story may have seemed, the gist of it is that I had my computer unplugged and stashed away, but now it's hooked up again and I'm back online.

Now, I'm going to go finish watching Voyager and maybe toss in some Drawn Together special features before bed.

Later!

mike

No comments: