Thursday, December 04, 2008

"Oh, the Horror!"

Got home from work Wednesday night, poured myself a glass of Coke and sat down at the computer to check my e-mails and what-not. Jen is sitting behind me working on her laptop and we're talking, happy sounds are steadily pumping out of the iTunes. For all intents and purposes, a pretty decent and calm evening home after work with the wife and kids.

Then I go and smack my Coke glass with my hand, firing caramel coloured liquid sugar all over a bunch of DVDs and CDs that sit next to my computer desk.

About an hour-and-a-half later, I've cleaned up the mess with only a few minor, but significant, casualties. The Coke came off of everything without problem except for my David Bowie Black Tie, White Noise collector's set, and there was a minor smudge left on my limited edition White Limousine disc by Duncan Sheik. Two of my Buffy sets suffered some minor damage (of the so sticky it peeled variety) and the slipcase to an X-Files: Mythology set was stained as a result (brown Coke, white case).

All-in-all I got off pretty easy, despite the stuff getting absolutely freakin' everywhere. I'm still a bit emotionally spent by the whole ordeal, but I'm not freaking out, as my wife pointed out, so that's a good thing. We'll see how I cope in the days and months to come.

Later!

mike

No comments: