Friday, November 04, 2005

Something to Crowe About

I've finally managed to get my mitts on Cameron Crowe's 1982 high school comedy, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, which was the second last Crowe DVD I needed to complete my collection. The Special Edition of Jerry Maguire still eludes me, but I'm sure it won't be too long before we cross paths.

Crowe is one of my favourite writer/directors and any chance I get to listen to one of his audio commentaries is a treat (hence my disgruntledness with Warner Bros. for not releasing a Singles special edition with all the bells and whistles). In fact, I find it hard to listen to one and not want to immediately run outside and shoot a movie. There's something in the way he talks about the medium that I find really inspiring, and there's such a love for what he's doing. He's genuinely having a lot of fun and I think his actors and crew are, too.

I have yet to see Elizabethtown but I'm sure, like the elusive Mr. Maguire, I'll catch it sometime soon. Funds are tight these days but if nothing else, I'll be able to find it in a second run theatre at some point.

mike

No comments: