Monday, November 14, 2005

Monday LinkBlog

Ahoy-hoy!

Another Monday brings another day where I try to avoid saying anything of real substance by linking to things I believe to be marginally interesting. So, without further ado...

I just watched Bronwen Hughes' Stander for the first time last night and the only thing I liked more than the movie was the funky music provided by David Holmes and The Free Association. If I'm not mistaken, Holmes is the one responsible for the very cool and funky soundtrack to Ocean's 11 and 12, and his work on Stander was outstanding. The piece used in the trailer was enough to hook me on the movie. I recommend checking the stuff out.

I've also added their links to the sidebar, so they'll be around for a while if you're feeling like taking it slow.



Here's some news on Darren Aronofsky's latest project, The Fountain. As the title of the article states, it's good news and bad news.



I think I caught this link originally over at Jeff Parker's Blog, but I thought it was interesting enough to link to it as well. John Cusack has always proven to be an interesting figure both in his films and in interviews, so why should his politics be any different?



MoviesOnline has pics from the new Keanu Reeves offering, A Scanner Darkly, as well as the trailer for Spielberg's latest, Munich (which looks more interesting than it should for someone who has renounced the 'Berg), and some new Jurassic Park IV and Indy IV news here.



Saw is a movie that has managed to build up quite a following and, as anyone in the 'comic-book-know' knows, IDW has a Saw prequel comic book to cash-in..I mean, enhance the Saw 2 experience by shedding some light on the origins of the villain, Jigsaw. If you're interested, there's an animated comic available here with sound and everything. I'm assuming it's from the comic book but it's possible it's a prequel to the prequel.



Harvey Danger have a new album (well, EP, actually). Go here to check it out! It's called "Cream and Bastards Rise" and it's good news to see ol' HD out with some new tunes.



I really liked Duncan Rouleau's work on Marvel's ill-fated pre-Lobdell Alpha Flight revival from a few years back, so when I caught this interview with him on CBR, I was intrigued. He has a new book coming out called The Nightmarist and he's doing the writing and the art. I'm definitely curious.



Showtime's Masters of Horror. Joe Dante and John Landis. SciFi Weekly interview. Go here. More on this in another dedicated post.



And, finally, last but not least, another Boilerplate article by Inara Verzemnieks for The Oregonian. This one goes into the whole 'mix-up' with Guinan's character being used in Chris Elliott's book. Man, you can't buy mainstream publicity like this. Or maybe you can and I just don't know how.

Anyway, it's a good read and worth checking out.

Later!

mike

No comments: