Sunday, November 27, 2005

Evil Dead Stuff

As I think I mentioned earlier, I recently purchased the new game based on the Evil Dead trilogy, Evil Dead: Regeneration. After the last game, Fistful of Boomstick, my expectations ween't very high but I always look forward to new ED stuff, regardless of their eventual quality. I'm pleased to say that Regeneration is maybe the best ED game yet combining good clean playability with an interesting storyline, good writing, great voice over work and nice smooth graphics that make you feel like you're actually playing in a world created by the Raimis, Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell.

I'm having a great time working my way through the levels of this baby and it's even managed to renew my waning interest in the Army of Darkness comic book series put out by Dynamite Entertainment. The most recent storyline involves a crossover with Stuart Gordon's Re-Animator which, initially, gave me pause but has turned out to be a fairly entertaining read overall. The last mini, Shop Till You Drop, left on something of a low note and I was having serious misgivings about picking up the series as an ongoing. Not so much anymore.

On a kind of weird note, I've started my 8 year-old daughter on the ED franchise as a result of the game. She really enjoys watching me play, if you can believe that, and I've shown her some of the more slapsticky scenes from Army of Darkness to give her some more flavour and to answer some of her questions about the series. She seems to be liking what she sees so I just may have another horror afficianado in the making. It would certainly make my life easier to have another horror fan in the house, let me tell you.

Remember to shop smart, shop S-Mart!

mike

No comments: