Friday, July 06, 2007

Things Are Looking Up

Or are they?

I'm not really sure, one way or the other, but I can say that today had some good points, for a change, that managed to outweigh the crappy ones. Work was a disaster, as usual, but I had a good chat with some of my workmates afterwards, I have an option of going in tomorrow if I want to and for time-and-a-half because of a scheduling error (which also gets me a 2-day weekend if I go that route), and I'm listening to JET: Rare Tracks, which is bringing me a lot of good feelings right now. A good shower, some clean clothes, a little decompression time and things are looking a little better than they were only 2 hours ago.

There were a couple of good customers who helped take the edge off, too. I should be sure to give credit to where credit is due, especially when I can so rarely ascribe it to that particular demographic. There was a lady who showed up right in the middle of a total clusterfuck wanting help with an air conditioner problem. Now, usually, I hear air conditioner and problem and I want to run, but this lady was really great to talk to and probably managed to keep me from snapping entirely before lunch.

There was also a younger girl who was working for a local television production, Rabbit Falls, who came in to get some materials for props that will likely be appearing in a future episode. She wanted these 4x8 sheets cut into 4x4's, so we had a good 20 minutes to chat about University, television, work, life the universe and everything.

They both acted like cooling rods in a nuclear power plant that keep the reactor from going poof, pop, ping! One in the afternoon before lunch and one just before the end of my shift. I'm wondering if there's some synchronicity or cosmic intervention involved there at all.

Another hopeful sign tonight was after the aforementioned good conversation with work people I walked out into the parking lot to go home and found a dollar lying on the ground.

If that's not the universe telling me that things are levelling out, I don't know what is.

Anyway, I'm going to go figure out what I'm doing tonight. Looks like going to see Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer is an option. I got a free pass, so...

mike

No comments: