Thursday, July 05, 2007

Favourite Videos 3

'Perfect Drug' was a bit of a departure for Trent Reznor both visually and musically and when I first caught this video my antenae perked up instantly. It borrows a lot from Coppola's Dracula and Anne Rice, to be sure, and the rest of it is coloured by your usual Victorian Goth motifs, but something about this rich, surreal four minutes of angst managed to imprint itself on me and I've never tired of watching it. I also never got a chance to watch it much since it didn't get a lot of airplay around here (so hooray for YouTube) so it was kind of fun familiarising myself with it again.

If you happen to like the song, be sure to check out the album version on the Lost Highway soundtrack. It has a longer drum solo/breakdown which just makes the song for me. It's worth checking out if you can.

Enjoy.



mike

No comments: