Monday, July 02, 2007

Sucks to Be Me

I'll warn you ahead of time that this is a bit of a self-indulgent-feeling-sorry-for-myself post inspired by the retarded events of the last 24 hours.

You ever get that feeling where you just want to shake your head, lie or sit down and listen to some music that gets right under your skin and massages that lingering knot in your brain? Or possibly read something that does an equally fine job of filling that hole in your soul? That certain something-something that helps put just a smidge of poetry back in your life? That's basically me for the last couple of months and today was just another notch on the wall.

After a reasonably blah morning and decent afternoon, I went on to meet some people from work for a stat holiday dinner - which was good and bad in it's own way - then came home to discover that I'd forgotten my keys when I left. Shortly before I left, I had mistakenly given them to Jen thinking they were the car keys. She probably put them back in the key jar and I totally forgot about them. I tried calling her on her cell and ended up driving around for a couple of hours until I could finally get a hold of her to let me in. She was out with a friend and wasn't answering her cell phone, which is funny when you think of them as a reach-you-anywhere sort of technology.

I'm just glad I wasn't lying in the street bleeding to death.

Anyway, I'm home, I'm cranky as hell and I've pissed away a day that was supposed to be a kick back and relax sort of Monday before I have to go back to work.

The urge to shop is becoming slightly overpowering at this point.

Happier thoughts in my next post, life willing.

mike

No comments: