Thursday, July 12, 2007

First Time Donnie Darko Viewer

I just watched Donnie Darko for the first time last night. It was reccomended to me a year ago by a co-worker so I went out and acquired a copy of the Director's Cut but never got around to watching it. Then, a couple of days ago, another co-worker at my new job sprung the "Have you seen Donnie Darko?" question out of the blue and it got me thinking about checking out the movie again.

Having the day off, and free reign of the house, yesterday, I got into a vibe of getting to some movies I haven't had a chance to check out. A friend gave me a copy of Saw a looong time ago and I figured with the family gone it was the perfect time to watch it. The same with Donnie Darko only, after watching 20 minutes of the movie, I was convinced that Jen would like it as well and decided to hold out 'til the evening and do it as a movie night sort of thing.

To make a long story short, we got inot it, I thought the movie was phenomenal (Jen liked it, too), that it was one of the best films I've ever seen and that I would highly reccomend it to anyone who ever had a curiosity about the movie but was afraid to pick it up.

I'll also probably go and track down a copy of the theatrical version to see it as it was originally presented because I enjoyed it so darn much. I think there may be an audio commentary on that version as well, and I think it would be neat to listen to that one after hearing the Director's Cut one.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw that out there and share the love as I am wont to do. I'll leave you with a fun clip from the film where Donnie discusses his thoughts about smurfs.



mike

No comments: