Wednesday, December 20, 2006

This is Where I Work

I've recently come into the possession of a mobile phone and since it comes equipped with a camera, I figured it was the perfect opportunity to do two things: test the functions of the phone and add that 'more personal touch' I touched on a few posts ago.

I grabbed a couple of snapshots of my workplace and work area and figured I'd post those. Nothing really impressive (borderline lame, actually) but it gets another post out and it's a peek for those who care what my daily grind looks like.

The first pick is my desk. This is where the magic happens. On this pale flat surface, the dreams of many a car owner have been fulfilled (I can't even type that with a straight face).



It's a nice quiet space and it's off in the corner where I can pretty much do my own thing. I've finished many a book sitting back there, I'll tell you. It's also nice to take customers back there. There are few interruptions and I think it's a bit quieter back there, too. Makes for better customer/salesman relations.

The second pic should pretty much speak for itself. Not only is this the desolation in which I toil daily, I also live in this crap.



After snapping the pic I couldn't help thinking to myself, if I saw this in a book I would be sure that no sane person would live in a climate like this - willingly, anyways. And the real bum rap is that we have to shovel those cars out if a customer wants to drive them because our owner is not a big believer in snow removal. They plow occasionally, but nothing too sophisticated.

Anyway, that's it for me today. I hope everyone's having a good holiday season so far!

Later!

mike

No comments: