Thursday, December 07, 2006

New Post

I couldn't think of a snappy title, so I went the overly didactic route.

Anyway, not much to report on this end. I had a root canal scheduled for tomorrow which I had to reschedule. It's not that I'm freaked out by it or anything, I just don't know whether or not to go through with the procedure to save the tooth when I have everybody and their dog telling me to have it extracted instead. I can see the logic to it, and the dentist gave me the option of doing either, but I'm at odds regarding the advantages of one over the other.

With the root canal, I get to keep the tooth. With the extraction, I don't. With the root canal, I'm paying a bit more. With the extraction, I'm paying less. I want to save the tooth, but everyone tells me that root canals are a long term headache.

Bleah.

So I rescheduled it. Looks like it'll be in the new year, now - January 10th, to be precise. I still have some fillings in a week so it's not like I've escaped the dreaded dental chair, but it'll be nice when I can finally stop worrying about my frickin' teeth.

And that's all I have to say about that.

mike

No comments: