Thursday, December 21, 2006

Over the Hump

I'm just having an awesome day.

I came to work this afternoon and pretty much from the moment I settled in I had a burst of inspiration that took me through, like, 8+ pages of my Smitten story. I've been trying to get some work done on it for months but I couldn't see the forest for the trees for the longest time. However, something managed to shift for me in the last 24 hours or so because the one thing that was giving me the most problems (I refer to it as the second act hump) just unfolded before me like nothing - solving the one major problem and having the added benefit of creating new links and story ideas to boot. There's stuff that I had ideas for that weren't even embedded into the narrative yet but now have a place and work seamlessly. I just feel a great sense of relief. Like a weight has been lifted.

I'm really excited now that I may be finishing the first run through before the year is up. I'm even seriously considering trying to find a collaborator to do some preliminary artwork and maybe help flesh out some of the storytelling.

Christmas was looking pretty droll but this is good news.

More later!

mike

No comments: