Sunday, July 02, 2006

Cobble Me This

Man, it occurs to me occasionally that were I not to stay up all hours of the night watching cartoons, surfing the internet and reading I may not ever run across things like this:



For anyone who knows anything about Richard Williams or his masterpiece (magnum opus?), you know what I'm talkin' about. For those of you who don't, check out this blog post from one of my new favourite web destinations, Cartoon Brew.

If you do go and visit the site, browse around for a bit. There's more cool stuff to read and see there than just the Thief and the Cobbler news and links. Go to town for a spell and soak up the animated goodness.

Man, I'm so glad that I can finally see a close approximation of the true Director's Cut of this film. On top of watching it on You Tube I'm downloading it off of mininova.org, as directed to by the restorer, Garett Gilchrist. I guess it's supposed to have some DVD style features on it and the like.

I just stopped vibrating after Superman Returns (did you see it yet?) and now this. My poor dear wife. If she survives July she should be up for some sort of sainthood.

mike

No comments: