Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The New DVD 11

The Muppet Show: Who didn't watch this show as a kid? I used to love plopping down in front of the tube and watching Kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy and, my personal favourite, Rolf, entertain the masses week after week. The backstage antics with the guest stars, the crazy acts that would always go wrong, the songs, the gags...am I starting to gush?

There aren't a lot of shows I actually remember missing as a kid when they went off the air, and there are even fewer that I remember being worth the effort to track down episodes or catch them in reruns. With the exception of a few guest-stars (who might not be recognizable to some today), these shows are pretty timeless for a show whose first season premiered about 30 years ago.

The DVD set consists of 4 discs containing all 24 episodes of the first season completely restored and remastered. The bonus features for the set look pretty sweet as well and include:

1. The Original Muppet Pitch Reel - Presentation By Jim Henson That Started It All
2. The Original Muppet Show Pilot
3. Muppet Morsels -- Special Play Mode Filled With Fun Facts About The Muppets
4. Season 1 Promo Gag Reel

This is one set that I'm hoping to get my hands on sometime soon.

mike

No comments: