Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Job Hunt Continues

I got a call yesterday from the manager at Bema Autosport and it looks like I won't be selling BMWs anytime soon. You know, even though it was a car sales job, I really love the cars and was kind of looking forward to hanging around them all day, not to mention the BMW demo that I'd be driving in 3 months. Ah well, I guess it wasn't meant to be, right? I dropped off a couple of resumes today so hopefully I'll hear back from one of them. Considering there's almost nothing else with much substance left, I'm hoping one of them calls.

Man, after doing this job hunt it almost makes the freelance writing sound like a fun and profitable idea. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something.

In the meantime, I'm playing with my new cat named Bucky (short for Buckaroo Banzai and various sundry others), listening to the Talking Heads and dusting my house. Well, the dusting is done, but I was doing it until just now, so...

You know, before I put in The Talking Heads, I was listening to 'Revolver', one of my all-time favourite Beatles albums, and it occured to me while listening to it that I had never actually sat down and heard it play from track 1 through 14 - never. I knew all the songs individually, but not as an album. It was a weird experience and not one I feel often when listening to The Beatles.

And just for the record, the Anthology version of "And Your Bird Can Sing" is better than the album version. I'm not sure which take it was on Anthology 2 but I liked where they were going with it.

Anyway, I'm going to go watch some episodes of Haunted or something.

See you next time.

mike

No comments: