Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sweet Georgia Brown

Just got back from seeing the Harlem Globetrotters with my son and his buddy from school. It was a belated birthday present, and I have to say it's a bit of a treat to see two 8-year old boys going nuts over the antics of the team, and actually cheering and booing when each team scores points. They were jumping and hooting and hollering like proper hooligans. It was a sight to see.

We got home and my daughter Kate asked who won? Oddly enough, Simon answered that someone from the fan club won (I have some ideas on what that might have meant) before being prompted to answer 'the whole team". Jen and I just smirked. Who won indeed.

Anyway, it was a bunch of fun and we got Flight Time's autograph on a Jersey my brother bought for his nephew. Simon and his buddy also each got the official Spalding basketballs which set me back a pretty penny, but they were so excited, I couldn't say no.

It was also nice to get out of the house for a while after all this editing work that I've been doing. Tons of work. Loads of hassles. My brain can only be melted down so many times before it becomes inert. I happen to need this brain.

Ah well, I'm going to go read some Nexus, maybe come up with some questions for an interview I'm working on with IDW and go to bed. More stupid editing work tomorrow. Yay for me!

Later!

mike

No comments: