Sunday, April 12, 2009

And on the Sixth Day, He Posted...

Wow. So much for the every day, or nearly every day, posting that I've been trying to stick to since February. I haven't had a six day gap in some time, so I figured a little explanation was in order.

Essentially, work has sort of taken over much of my blogging time. I'm still working part-time at the Co-op but I've also picked up this editing job and it's a bit of a monster of a job. Jen and I are doing it together and we were originally going to divide up the labour between me handling the InDesign stuff and her handling the copy editing, but it's taken me longer to grasp InDesign than I'm comfortable admitting and she hasn't had enough time to really tackle the text because it was supposed to be a photo-ready copy but more or less came to us as a first draft.

So, a lot of work on both ends but we're pushing through and finding our stride. We called the guy we are doing it for and deadlines got adjusted and a plan of action was made, so everything should be shiny from here on in. There is still a lot of work to be done in the next few days (my cute way of saying I may not blog again between now and when the book is done) but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel, which is good.

On the non-editing/work front, I've been reading comics every chance I get (I hit my Nexus milestone last week and finally completed the Angel: After the Fall run), listening to a crap load of music and, on breaks, Jen and I have continued watching True Blood which never stops being strangely compelling. If you've never tried the show out, it gets a big thumbs-up from the Jozic household.

Later on in the week I'm taking the boy to see the Harlem Globetrotters for his birthday, and Mother Mother is in town at the end of the week so there may be a post or two about that.

Until then...

mike

No comments: