Thursday, August 24, 2006

Much Overdue LinkBlog

My bookmarks - like my house, my stress levels and my mind, of late - runneth over!

I haven't done a linkblog in quite some time and I have a number of things I've been collecting up for the last few weeks, so without further ado...

Paul Reubens of Pee-Wee Herman fame has announced that he will be making more Pee-Wee films springing off from the reruns of Pee-Wee's Playhouse which have shown up on Cartoon Network this year. I loved Pee-Wee's Big Adventure so I'm really looking forward to seeing what they can come up with and pull off with this movie.

A little past the DVD release date but here's David Lloyd talking about V For Vendetta and his crime noir comic, Kickback.

One of my favourite writer/artists, Keith Giffen, talks about his new mini-series, Annihilation, over at CBR. I haven't picked it up yet, myself, but like everything else I'm getting to it.

I think I blinked and missed the actual release of A Scanner Darkly in my area so I was happy to see that IGN had the first 24 minutes of the movie streaming off of their website.

To celebrate the 15th anniversary of Batman: The Animated Series, Comic Foundry writer, Amy Payne, subjects herself to a 16 hour viewing marathon. I'm tempted to try this myself.

This is a moldy oldie, but I haven't linked to anything from Andi Watson in a while so why not this June 2003 interview for Bookslut?

Since I may never see the completion of my Hitchcock/Parker interview, I give you a nice article about John from GoTriad.com.

Although I haven't seen the fruits of their labours just yet, my kids will be happy to know that Warner Bros. is relaunching some of their animated websites with original downloadable content. I'm looking forward to the new audio mysteries on Scooby-Doo.com - if they ever materialize, that is. The launch date was supposed to be August 15th, but...

I recently discovered a band that's made me perk up my ears somewhat. They're called Boy and operate out of Toronto, I think. I've only heard a few songs so far but I'm kind of digging their sound. Check out their website here.

Salon.com talks about Jaime Hernandez' Ghost of Hoppers book.

And last, but not least, Sci-Fi has confirmed that Stargate SG-1 will end with its record breaking 10th season.

That's it for LinkBlogging today. Have a good one!

mike

No comments: