Thursday, August 03, 2006

Let Me Tell You About The Matrix

I find it a bit funny that after a week of being internetless, I'm complately out of the habit of logging on from home. I think my last three or four posts have all been added during work hours. To be perfectly honest, I don't remember the last time I've even turned my computer on. I think I had it on a few days ago to burn a copy of something for my brother but that's pretty much it.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

The only new info to report is interview and entertainment based. On the interview front, I'm still in communication with Walter Simonson who tells me that he is busy at the moment but assures me that we will hook up by phone sometime in the near future. I think he's out of town with Weezie or something family related like that. I'm also still putting together my Jeff Parker/John Hitchcock interview for the Dear John book that, apparently, came out on the 26th of July. My comic shop never got any copies and since I cancelled my file service a while ago, they never ordered one in. I'm going to try and snag one from wherever I can find one. On the plus side, I love a good hunt so I'm not totally crushed I missed it, just disappointed.

I'm still waiting on some answers from Jeff before I post the thing, so it should be going up in a little while. Originally I was planning to have the interview and the book time out together but I've missed the launch date now and I'm not in a grand rush to post it. Still, I'm aiming for something timely so we'll see. My only regret so far is that Jeff has sworn off phone interviews. I was hoping to converse with the man phone to phone after corresponding by e-mail for a while, but it appears that the fates are not with me.

Ah well.

On the entertainment front, I've purchased a new DVD set, The Ultimate Matrix Collection. I've been playing The Path of Neo so I ws in a Matrixy kind of mood and it was on sale...what can I say.

So far the features look decent. I was worried that the commentaries would be lamer than lame but the one with the critics (the names of which escape me) trash talking the movies are pretty decent. I'm still not holding out hope for the philosophical commentary, but you never know.

I have to run back to work so I'm going to leave it at that. I'll definitely post on this at another time, probably from home where I won't be dragged away for anything.

Later!

mike

No comments: