Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Rhythm of the 'Scape

With Dead Like Me almost finished its run on Movie Central and most of my other shows currently on hiatus I've recently started watching Farscape again from the first episode. I've seen all of the S1 episodes before but I wanted to do a kind of refresher before I got into S2 (of which I haven't seen everything) and beyond.

I remember not caring too much for the earlier stories since they all seemed to suffer from what I call Pilotitis but things sort of loosened up when they got to something like the seventh episode and they started finding their stride. Now, watching them again they seem more entertaining than I remember. I'm thinking that it has something to do with the fact that I'm more familiar with the rhythms of the storytelling and the characters.

Anyway, I'm hoping I don't get sidetracked like I did with DS9 (which I will get back to) since I'm looking forward to seeing The Peacekeeper Wars mini-series which served as the series finale. We'll see how it goes.

mike

No comments: