Saturday, October 01, 2005

Mercurial Thoughts

I just stumbled across this Portland Mercury piece which takes some time to spotlight 4 of the creators that will be hanging out at the Stumptown Comics Fest (starting today for anyone who may be in the area and reading these far off musings). Mercury writers Erik Henriksen and Christine Blystone review Aaron Renier's Spiral-Bound, Jeff Parker's The Interman and Paul Guinan and Anina Bennett's Heartbreakers Meet Boilerplate.

It comes as no surprise that The Interman went over well, and I'm unfamiliar with Renier's work, but I was slightly taken aback by the harsh critique for Heartbreakers Meet Boilerplate. I've yet to read it for myself (putting my own criticism in question, I suppose), but what I've heard about the book has generally been positive, and from what I've seen of it online, it looks real purty.

I guess one man's Picasso is another man's mad scribblings.

I don't know if that last bit came out right.

Anyway, click on through the links if you're curious. I'm outta here.

mike

No comments: