Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Oh, a Pirate's Life For Me

I finally managed to procure for myself a copy of the second episode of Night Stalker, also known as 'The Five People You Meet in Hell'. If you caught the sad story in my earlier post on the subject, I accidentally fell asleep last week while waiting for the show to start and missed the damn thing. I was 10 freakin' minutes away from air time but my body just couldn't take the strain, so me and my cat just conked out on the couch for a while.

Anyway, taking a cursory glance at the episode since 'acquiring' it, I'm pleased to see that Rob Bowman was the director since I am a big fan of his style. His X-Files were some of the best looking of the series and, love it or hate it, the X-Files movie looked pretty darn smart. Thomas Schnauz, another 1013 alumni was the writer for the episode and it looks like writing god Darin Morgan is one of the producers on the show which may mean an episode or two from him in the near future. heck, if Morgan is writing it, I'll wait however long it takes.

Lastly, it was also interesting to note that the new theme song for the series was written by composer Philip Glass which, I think, fits the show perfectly.

Oh, and by the way, the pilot episode with the different ending was, in fact, better than the one aired. Better mood and a nicer 'out' for the story, overall.

Now I'm off to watch the show.

mike

No comments: