Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Necessary LinkBlog

I was looking at some of the bookmarks I have accumulated and decided that I should post a linkblog to clean some of them out. In my effort to try and make my more recent posts a little more meaty, I've made an effort to avoid posting blurbs, random links of interest and quizzes to find out which character from (insert film, TV show or book title here) you are. I haven't, however, curbed my tendencies to bookmark points of interest.

So, in the interest of keeping my browser less cluttered, I offer you...

News on the upcoming Tintin film. It would seem that Coupling creator Stephen Moffat is going to take a pass at the Herge character for Spielberg and Jackson. I'm curious to see how this'll turn out.

The MTV Movies Blog reports that the rumoured Goonies sequel is dead in the water, but may be revived as an animated film. Hit the link to read more with quotes from Corey Feldman.

Some Moorcockian news cropped up at the begining of this month regarding some new stories, including a couple of brand-spanking-new Elric tales.

Anyone wondering what Rob Thomas is going to be doing with his time post Veronice Mars should look no further than this link. I liked the original Cupid, whatever my wife may think to the contrary, so I'll be interested to see how this flies without Jeremy Piven.

I've been reading Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway with the kids here at Jozic HQ and it was good news to hear that Telltale Games, the company responsible for the new S&M game, is reprinting the fabulous trade. Wired talks a bit about it here.

As a big fan of Ted Naifeh's Courtney Crumrin series of books, I was happy to catch this bit of news regarding the film rights being snatched by Dreamworks. I hope this comes through and doesn't end up in development hell.

I stumbled on this a couple of months ago and just really liked the song. I think I may have followed a link through a blog or something, the specifics of the whole thing elude me. Anyway, if you really hate Tom Waits, don't click through.

Just to show you how behind the times I am with this stuff, here's an image I should have posted 5 months ago courtesy of Chris' Invincible Super-Blog:



There. Now I can consider myself a conscientious comic blogger again. If it means anything, I'm still totally down with the sentiment.

Jim Uhls, screenwriter of Fight CLub, talks to the Arizona Daily Wildcat online.

Matt Wagner talks Grendel over at CBR.

Bob Schooley and Mark McCorkle, creators of the wonderfully entertaining Kim Possible, wrote a book called Liar of Kudzu. It looks interesting. Here's the Simon & Schuster listing for it.

Death Star Designer. Need I say more?

Seth has an online comic strip with The New York Times. Check it out here.

It's a bit dated now but here's an interview with Joss Whedon about Buffy Season 8 courtesy of TV Guide.

Hmmmm...I think I'll leave it at that for now. At least my bookmarks toolbar isn't hemorrhaging anymore.

I also wanted to give a quick shout out to fellow blogger Johnny Bacardi over at The Johnny Bacardi Show where he's both celebrating his 5th anniversary and also calling it quits on the blog front. I always enjoyed reading his reviews and posts and appreciated his own particular POV when it came to movies, music, books and comics. It was a good run and I'll miss seeing new material from the guy. Take care, JB!

Onwards and upwards!

mike

No comments: