Thursday, May 10, 2007

Still Jobless

The search continues, although I'm starting to wonder if it's all in vain. I've put out a number of applications in the last little while and haven't heard back from any of them to date (well, that's not entirely true. I did get an interview with a local co-operative retail company, but I'm not holding out hope for that one). I know it can sometimes take a while to hear back, especially when you're dealing with competitions where you have to wait for the application deadline to hit, then wait for the selection process, but the whole soul-sucking experience is starting to take its toll on me. I'm starting to feel that mental exhaustion that comes from doing something unsuccessfully for a duration of time and I don't see that playing too well to the significant other when there are pressing matters bearing down on us over the course of the next 3 to 6 weeks.

In the meantime, my wife is starting to grasp at straws and encouraging me to join the RCMP who offer a great salary, good benefits package and are, apparently, desperate for candidates. They've had a lot of retirings in the last little while and have spent so much time and effort encouraging equal hiring practices that they are now in need of hiring some "big white guys" for the force. It looks almost attractive except for the part where I'm not all that physical a person and have no love of being shot at.

And so, the frustration grows and the days drag on and nothing seems to change.

Until next time.

mike

No comments: