Monday, January 30, 2006

I'm So Bleu

I seem to be coming out of a long Cinema Geek phase and find myself grooving a bit more to the tunes again. As I mentioned in my last post, Duncan Sheik is back after a four year absence and I think that may have been the catalyst this time. Not being able to get my hands on White Limousine I've turned to some of the other singer songwriters I enjoy.

Tonight, Bleu has more or less grabbed hold of my...I don't know what it is exactly that's been grabbed, but he's got my attention, to say the least. At his MySpace site he has some demos posted that you can listen to in streaming audio and they're pretty good. There are four songs in total (some newer than others, if I remember correctly) and a couple of real standouts in "Boy Meets Girl" and "What Now". The other two tracks - "Isn't That What Life is All About" and "The Ol' College Try" - are a little rougher around the edges but no less interesting to hear. It's been a while since I've put his album, Redhead, into the ol' CD player and I'm beginning to think that I'll have to attend to that soon.

Maybe I should check my credit card and see how much room is on there. Grab some of the music that I can't find here off the web and be a happy camper again.

Anyway, I'm going to go listen to the tunes and maybe do some reading.

Later!

mike

No comments: