Thursday, April 14, 2005

I'm Just a Hooker with a Heart of Gold

If you've been reading my Blog (all four of you), you've probably noticed the Amazon links that have started appearing all over my page. The simple explanation is, "why not?" The less simple but equally non-confusive (I just made that word up) explanation is that it occured to me that you see these links and search tools all over the web and they are all part of these 'Associate Programs' that are supposed to net you jillions of dollars in commission, all for the price of some face time on your web page. Sounds harmless but do they actually work? I dunno, that's why I signed up and stuck the things all over my page. To be perfectly honest, I'll probably suffer cardiac arrest if anyone actually clicks through from my page and buys one of the featured items, but the risk to my well being is vastly overshadowed by my rabid curiosity on the matter.

I still feel a bit guilty in a sell-out sort of way whenever I hit the page, but whatever.

In retrospect, I'm thinking that signing on through the Canadian Amazon might have been a potential misstep, but I guess I'm more patriotic than I care to admit (granted, if Dark Horse ever called me up and offered me a job I'd be south of the border faster than you can say Work Visa).

Oh yeah, I should also mention that the title is a reference to something Will Pfeiffer said in a recent post about Sin City which I thought was funny. Considering the subject of this post, I thought it was appropos.

mike

No comments: